Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Get out to stop & smell the...succulents?

Sometimes living right next to a freeway has its downfalls of being able to practically hear every motorcycle, loud muffler, siren or speeding car whiz by. Not to mention, with the lingering chill in the air lately, it has been so easy to choose to work indoors (on several occasions, wearing long sleeves & socks!).  Tuesday was definitely a breakthrough: the sun was shining, the air was crisp and I found myself excited and energized even before having my daily dose of coffee (say what?!)! Even after brewing my slow drip coffee, I knew the day was too nice and I was too energized (and now too caffeinated) to waste staying indoors!

Our new place has a nice lanai right outside the front door which we've been using as extra storage and for those "we're still moving in" boxes that needed to be sorted.  I replaced the freeway noise by jamming to some Songza (I highly recommend THIS playlist!) and finally attacked the crazy pile of miscellaneous and made space where I claimed as my work area for the day :)

Along with decorating some new terracotta pots for the house and cafe, I was able to doodle up some new succulent plants.  Collecting these little guys have become such an awesome hobby.  They are just too cute (and quite affordable) to pass up!  I have to admit I bought two more the other day! I'm seriously a sucker for succulents!  :)

I'm not too sure where this doodle may go or what it will turn into just yet.  Majority of the time, I tend to draw things from interest or enjoyment and then go from there.  It might sound like a backwards process, but sometimes it helps to clear my mind by simply doodling and not worrying too much about its purpose or what it could be used for.

Just as in life, sometimes it's needed to spend time doing things we enjoy for the simple reason that it makes us happy :)  With days of being a busy body and getting caught up with the daily grind, being able to "stop and smell the roses" can make all the difference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment