Thursday, April 25, 2013

An Oldie but a Goodie

A few may think that living on a (relatively) small island has its limits of things to do and places to see after living here for so long, but Honolulu never ceases to amaze me on how rich this island is of places, businesses, and new friends that I have yet to discover & meet.


Thanh and I stumbled upon a little shop on South Beretania street called Secret Treasures.  It's a cute little antique shop with so many random and vintage finds.  It was fun to walk around the store being intrigued with anything that caught our eyes (which was almost everything in the shop!).  It was almost like being a kid in a candy store (but with old candies...in a good way! haha!).


Of course a box of vintage cameras caused a little "oooh" & "ahhh"-ing while we took a peek inside.  Each camera was definitely a character of its own with their own features, gears & gadgets, I loved them all!


Although we would have loved to leave with a shopping cart worth of goodies, we were able to each find a little secret treasure of our own to take home with us. Thanh found an old cologne bottle he wants to use as a mini terrarium and I found a vintage suitcase to help me display some artwork & stationery for an upcoming showcase in May (if you'd like to come check out my very first showcase, check out this link here for more information! I'm so nervous & excited about it!)

This shop has been opened for 18 years!  I can't believe I haven't heard of or checked out this cute, little shop sooner (I swear I'm not living under a rock)!  This definitely makes me excited thinking about the many more adventures ahead on discovering new places and all the many more people to meet! I have to admit, sometimes the most fun adventures are the unexpected ones! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment