Thursday, March 21, 2013

Here I Go!

Lately, I've come across a handful of things that are starting to make me feel like an old fart (conversations of movies & music that I haven't seen or heard of that I apparently should, those who I have always seen (through my eyes) as toddlers in diapers are now graduating high school...say what?!, not to mention my attraction to cardigans and cozy, knitted sweaters)...and now added to this list is how to write a blog.  This is all so new to me, but I thought I'd try my luck and use this blog to post about current projects, new doodles and random adventures of wherever the day may take me :)

Like this blog, starting new things in my life is always a somewhat nerve-wrecking, scary & exciting experience all jam packed into one.  I recently moved to a new place and with impeccable timing, I also have the opportunity to start anew with work as my boyfriend and I are working together to transition his restaurant into a cafe in Honolulu.  Aside from working on the renovations, it's been really nice to find some downtime for gardening, family, friends, art & exploring the new neighborhood.

Had some time for watercolors today and with a few special birthdays coming up, I had fun doodling up a new card to share.  I think I've accepted the fact that I somehow reached a point in my life where I don't really keep track of my age anymore (some people will ask me how old I am and I sometimes have to double check my answer and calculate it!).  Maybe it's a natural thing to stop counting? Or maybe I need to start taking more vitamins?  Either way, maybe it's not all about counting the years and feeling "so old", but about celebrating life and all the experiences, adventures & people that brought you here to this day.  Birthdays are awesome! :)
watercolor balloons
That's all for now, but with some new adventures ahead, there's definitely more to come :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Hope to see what inspires you and I look forward to your oodles of doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much for checking out my site and for all your support!!! :D :D :D

      Delete